Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Paintings - Puppies and Choo Choos

After our dear little Saydi-dog passed away I wanted to do something to remember her by so I got out my paint brushes and tried my hand at painting her. Here is the results:

I tried to capture her happy smile. Considering I don't paint animals that often, I think she turned out pretty well.

Also earlier this month my youngest brother sent me a texts asking if I would like to paint a picture for him and his wife's new baby's nursery. Setting my Saydi painting aside for a bit I worked on converting this photo he gave me into something of my own.


When I first saw the picture I was like, wow that is a lot of arches. But with a little pencil drawing to start with first and a couple of attempts I got them down to a more simple design I could work with. And here is the results for my work.



I tried to keep it simple and fun. Good enough for my new nephew to enjoy. I have to thank Mike and Nicole for giving me a chance to paint something for their little one. I had fun. Now to let it dry and figure out a way to get it to them safely.

1 comment:

  1. Those are both awesome! You totally caught Saydi's smile.

    ReplyDelete