This last Christmas I got this fun cake cook book. It has many many fun and creative cakes and treats. I can't wait to try them all out.
One of the recipes was for this fun cheesecake that looks like a bowl of yummy nachos.
I had a lot of fun making this cheesecake. Most of the toppings are candies. But the actual cheesecake is a yummy lemon vanilla cake made with yellow and red food coloring.
The cheesecake is then topped with a sour cream / sugar mix and set aside to cool for two hours. While the cake was cooling I made the "chips". The chips were made out of a pie crust that was sprinkled with milk and sugar. Then sliced into little triangles and cooked for about 8 minutes.
This little "chip" are really yummy...I'd just eat them for a snack. You let them cool completely. After the cake is cool, the fun starts. You top it with the "chips". The "tomatoes" are made with Swedish Fish candies cut into squares and mixed with strawberry jam. The "meat" is chocolate covered raisins. With little cuts of green licorices for "chili". And I used gummy life savers for olives. The "nacho cheese" was another mixture of sour cream and sugar, dyed orange. The results was this:
A nice yummy bowl of "nachos." Looks good enough to eat. This was the funnest cheesecake I've ever made. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment