Saturday, February 28, 2015

Springtime with Snow Days

February has been an interesting month here in Vegas for weather. It began with the trees blossoming in the early weeks of the month. These trees outside my work are notoriously stubborn for being the first to bloom each year.

They are pretty and imagine my happiness to see that one of my trees in my front yard is a blooming plum tree. Its little pink blossoms make me happy every time I walk out the front door.


My house...still getting used to the pink trim.
So while we have been enjoying lovely spring time weather. I decided to try my hand at painting a small little snowy scene. It turned out pretty cute and for my first attempt at snow I think it turned out very nice.

The funny thing is just a few days after I finished this piece, I was heading into work when I turned towards the mountains and was astonished to see them completely covered in snow. As the city is blooming with springtime the mountains seem convinced it still is winter.


This is looking like its going to be an interesting year. And I'm quite enjoying living in this crazy city.

No comments:

Post a Comment