Saturday, April 25, 2015

Reconnecting with Long Lost Relatives

This last weekend we were thrilled to see so many of my Epperson relatives. My cousin Jordan decided to come to Vegas to get married. We actually got to see him and his family for the first time in many many years. My dad took everyone out to see the Hoover Dam on Friday, I had to work. But that night my Uncle took us all out to the MGM casino buffet as a pre-wedding dinner. Best food I've eaten in awhile. When Jordan saw me for the first time he gave me a huge hug. I think its been about 15 years since we last saw each other. Here are some pictures of dinner:

Emily and Jordan


Jordan, Ethan and Doug

Ben and his little one

Me showing my Aunt Jenny some paintings
The best part of visiting with them was I was finally able to get to know my Aunt Jenny. We are so much alike its scary. Definitely kindred spirits. We chatted and talked about everything from art to movie to books to swords. It was awesome.

After dinner we took a walk down the Strip to see the Bellagio fountains and gardens.


 


 


 



Then on Saturday we the big day. They got married in a nice little chapel north of the strip. Here are some group shots before and after the ceremony.



 


My cousin Brian flew in late Friday evening to surprise everyone


The Brothers: Ethan, Ben, Brian and Jordan


Uncle Randy and Aunt Jenny
And the Happy Couple:

The Whole Gang
It  was a nice short ceremony and on Sunday my parents put on a potluck for anyone wanting to come out. I spent most of Sunday hanging out with Aunt Jenny. It was fun and then they we gone. I hope they come visit again some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment