Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween 2015

I actually got a chance to dress up this year for Halloween. But it all started with that I got invited to go to a friend's party a week before Halloween. Unfortunately that was the day my car's battery decided to die. It was a very frustrating weekend. I had to miss the party and get a ride to church the next day. I hate being without a car. So I got it into the shop on Monday and luckily it was just the battery and not something more serious. I was lent my brother's car to drive to work for the day, no power steering and no A/C...it was an interesting ride. I got my car back after work and all was right in the world again.

On Tuesday, my parents' ward was having a Trunk n Treat at the church building. A few weeks ago Mom had surgery on her foot and she can't put any weight on it for a month. Dad had to be at the activity early, so Mom asked if I could drive her over to the church. My grandma decided to come as well. So here I was driving around, one lady with a walker and the other rolling around on a Knee-lee Wheel-lee. We were quite the sight when we arrived. It was fun though, they had chili and hot dogs to eat before and we had fun seeing all the kids dressed up.

When it got dark the Trunk n Treating started, that's when Mom and Grandma began to get tired. As we headed back to the car we saw the full moon rising. It was pretty cool looking. This picture doesn't do it justice.


Then on Thursday my ward's Relief Society was having a "Witches Tea Party". Everyone got to dress up as witches and we had dinner, then a game and Sister Cooper, our Bishop's wife, read us a monster bed time story. It was a lot of fun. And I looked pretty good as a witch.

 

Sister Cooper








The Bishopic and some of the men in the ward did the dishes
Then Halloween rolled around and I thought I had bought enough candy....I was wrong. Around 5:30pm I parked out in my front room, a room that is very under used by the way, and waited for the door bell to ring. And it did. Almost continuously. We ran out of candy in about an hour....I had to turn the lights off. But the kids kept knocking. Kind of scared grandma a little. 

Doug and I were heading out to a Single Adult dance at our church later that night. So I went and got dressed up. I decided to wear my mom's Kimono and went as a China Doll. Doug wore his Chinese jacket and sprayed his hair red.

 
The dance was fun and it was good to get out for Halloween. So getting to dress up twice and eat candy hang with friends. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment