Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Birthday 2016

This year my birthday was pretty low key. Since I had just gone up to Utah, I wasn't planning on making another trip so soon. So I stayed home. My birthday fell on a Saturday, which made it nice. The Friday before my birthday, my co-workers decorated my cubicle and brought in beagles. They are so sweet.


Then on my birthday, my parents and I went to the Mob Museum downtown. We had been wanting to check it out since it opened a few years ago. It was pretty cool...and in a lot of ways pretty depressing. The life of a Mobster isn't the greatest. The Museum was built in the old courthouse where a lot of the Vegas mobsters were tried. Here are some pictures I got.


 

Actual wall from the Valentine's Day Massacre

 
After the museum we had lunch at Bachi Burgers....soooo yummy....and then went and saw a movie. Afterwards we went home and had my birthday dinner. This year I was feeling nostalgic and wanted to eat some Hawaiian food. There is a great Hawaiian BBQ diner just a few blocks from us so we called in an order. When my parents went to pick it up the diner threw in some Hawaiian donuts...I was thrilled.

I requested Angel Food Cake for my birthday cake...its my favorite. So mom cut me a slice and put one of the donuts on a plate with two candles. It was fun.

 

About this time I got a FaceTime with my little kiddos and brother and sister-in-law up in Seattle. They watched me open my presents:

 


It was a fun birthday. Another year older....sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment