These past couple of weeks I've just enjoyed the daily routine of life. To me it is really relaxing to know what I will be doing day after day. Sometimes it gets boring, or lonely but when thinking about it it's nice to have set patterns. And I do love my moments of fun and spontaneity.
My daily routine consists of getting up in the morning, grabbing a bite to eat and rushing out the door to work. I am very lucky to be only about ten minutes from my job. I work for a radiology medical imaging company, as one of their four accountants. I love my job and my boss, which makes getting up each morning and going to work enjoyable.
I'm responsible for picking up the company's mail at the post office each morning. I'm now on first name basis with a couple of the postal workers. I get to pick up the mail before they are actually open which makes a few postal customers envious. Then I sort it and began my real assignment which is counting and processing the checks that come in the mail. On average, I deposit about $130,000 in insurance and patient checks every morning, using my handy desktop check scanner.
In the afternoon after a nice half hour lunch, I sit down and count the previous days front desk cash co-pays that come in from our six locations around the valley. Ever since working for the BYU-Hawaii cafeteria accounting office, I have loved counting cash. So even though it takes me about three hours, I have fun counting. On average I count about $5000 in cash every afternoon. When I'm done I give it to my boss to deposit.
Then I'm off to drive home and relax for the evening. My commute is a nice straight shot up the street and I get to enjoy a view of the mountains. I spend most of my evenings watching shows or movie, making dinner for one. Sometimes I get motivated enough to work on my novel.
What I live for is my free time on weekends. I tend to spend most of it with my family here in town. But a couple weeks again a friend texted me and I got to have a girls night at the movies watching the new Thor movie.
So in a nut shell this is how I spend my days.
No comments:
Post a Comment