Sunday, July 6, 2014

One Day Road Trip

Yesterday we took a road trip up to Panguitch Lake, UT. My Dad is looking for a nice cabin in the woods and he heard about Brian Head and Panguitch Lake. So we all got in the car and drove up to Utah to get out of the heat and see a new place.

Nevada Desert

Driving into the Virgin River Gorge



The Virgin River Gorge is always a cool drive. But the river seemed to be completely dried up. We made pretty good time and found ourselves in Cedar City around 10:00am. Then we turned east and up into the mountains.



 


 


It was a very pretty drive. The higher we got up the more breathtaking the view was.


At one point we stopped to enjoy an over look:


At the tops of the mountains were these beautiful meadows full of wildflowers.
Finally we reached the lake. It reminded me of the Alpine lake towns I saw in Switzerland. Very pretty and peaceful.






I think my parents liked it up there the only down point was no cell service. But it was very pretty.

We came back down the mountain through Panguitch. I used to meet in Panguitch every Thursday for District Meeting when I was serving my mission in Beaver, UT. It was cool seeing the chapel again.


And driving on the same roads I drove on my mission. Nice bit of nostalgia. With our goal reached we headed back down south.

We stopped for ice cream in St. George, UT. And took a look around the St George Temple.

 


 

 It was beautiful day and the temple glowed.





It was great to get out of the desert and see some green. It was a fun day trip and hope to do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment