Its been awhile since I posted something and so I'd thought I'd talk about some of the new goals I've tried to set lately.
All my life I've suffered from migraine headaches. Lately they have gotten worse. I started seeing a new doctor, who in turn subscribed me a few medications. I'm very hesitant to take prescription drugs because they always seem to have pretty extreme side-effects on me. The last drugs I took made me loose 30 pounds. So I was a little nervous with these new drugs. The first time I took the new meds, it intensified my headache and made me extremely dizzy. So my doctor, gave me a different drug....it helps a little but doesn't get rid of my headache. So after all these trial runs, I decided to try some other things.
Visiting my cousins back in May, I was introduced to some healing oils. One in particular has helped with my minor headaches. It is a nice new alternative to the heavy meds.
I've decided my first goal was to keep track of my food. And try and find out if what I'm eating has any effect on my head. The most recent discovery...one I'm kind of sad about is that certain pre-mixed muffin, brownie, or cake mixes can cause my headaches. I think it might be the preservatives put in them. I love to bake and if I make something completely from scratch I don't get the headaches. At first I thought it was the chocolate in the brownies...but then I got the headaches from just the muffin mixes as well. So I guessed it had to be the box mixes themselves.....sigh....
My second goal was just to get healthier. So I started to exercise. A friend had posted this challenge on Facebook:
I showed it to my family and in June we decided to challenge ourselves to do it. Amazingly I was able to finish. I hate working out, running or doing anything too physical always because I was afraid to get another migraine. And the fact that I'm a bit clumsy. But I was able to get through this challenge and when it ended, I started another one in July:
And I was able to complete it as well! I was so pleased with myself. For the month of August I just started a third challenge:
If I can keep going, I will finally get my body into shape and maybe that will help with my migraine headaches. We shall see. It can't hurt.
My third goal I've made is to put a certain amount of money away in savings each month. The rent on my apartment is huge, so saving any amount of money is hard. But I've decided to cut my spending on things I don't need right away and try and concentrate on putting a little away each month. Then I might finally be able to have the savings to travel again. I renewed my passport and am dying to use it again. But first comes the savings.
So big goals right now are diet tracking, exercising and money saving...simple but important. And when I have time, I want to study something new...that I'm still working on.



That's awesome Stacey! Way to go on the exercise thing! You inspire me to get some goals set!
ReplyDelete