Sunday, January 18, 2015

Ellipticals, Scorpions and Crafty Fun

So for one of my new year resolutions I wanted to get myself an elliptical to put in my room. Then I would have no excuse not to exercise. I found a nice cheep one on Amazon and it arrived in a short amount of time. It came in a big box that was left on my front porch. My mom was kind enough to move it into my garage until I got home from work.

That night mom and I got started on piece it together....there was a lot of pieces.
And during most of the construction I had to sit on the garage floor. I don't mind getting dirty. But I do mind when I pick up hitch hikers. Because the next day when I went to put on my hoodie again I got stung by a scorpion. We think he must have crawled into the hood while I was on the floor. He must have came in on the packaging from the front porch. Any way we found him in my closet after I had been stung. Here is a picture of one of his kind, didn't get an actually picture of the one:

It stung like nothing I have ever felt before and lasted almost 32 hours. It also caused a numbing and tingling. I don't recommend letting one of these sting you. I had the pest control guys out just two days later to give the house and yards a good spraying. Haven't seen another one....yet.

But on Sunday I was finally feeling better and was able to finish my elliptical. It fits nicely in my room and I've used it several times now.
A little while ago my brother Mike asked if I could make him a plaque to hang his racing numbers and medals on. He's taken up half marathon racing and has been doing pretty well.
Him after the Charleston Half Marathon
The idea of the plaque seemed pretty simple so I went to the craft store and found the materials.
With some paint, varnish and a little drilling and attaching it turned out great. Possibly my easiest project to date.
So its been an eventful past few weeks. Hope the next few stay just as exciting....minus anymore scorpion attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment