I just saw on Facebook that we lost another great man today. President Boyd K Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles passed away this afternoon. He was first in line to be the next prophet. Growing up he was one of my favorite apostles. I loved his gravelly voice and his no nonsense way of teaching the Law of Chastity. I will miss his talks during General Conference. A few weeks back we lost Elder L Tom Perry, who was second in line to be the next prophet. I heard his speak in the MTC on my mission....to loose two great men so close together is so sad.
During this time of uncertainty, where the tides of the world are turning their focus on changing the family organization and challenge the religious beliefs of Christians....I'm not sure what is going to happen next. I try not to judge anyone...and I hope no one will judge me. But I am comforted in knowing Heavenly Father is leading our Prophet Thomas S Monson and the twelve apostles of the church. I know the two new apostles that will be chosen in October will be men called by God to lead us. We will see what the next months will bring....
No comments:
Post a Comment