Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Baby Shower for Sister-In-Law Nicole

We have a new little guy on the way so we put on a nice baby shower for my sister-in-law Nicole. It is nice having family close enough to enjoy things like this. I wanted to do something other than buying cute baby clothes. So I decided to paint something cute for the little one. With every grand baby my mom comes up with an animal theme. This one is going to be whales and little Dan, his older brother, was lions. On a break at work I sketched out this idea:

Since the shower was only a week away I choose to paint it in Acrylic instead of my oils.

Then I outlined it with a sharpie and it turned out better than I could have hoped:


The shower was held at a friends home and we had a nice turn out. And Nicole got a lot of cute stuff for the little guy. Here are some pictures:

Nicole, lady of the hour

 
The loot

 

It was a fun morning and looks like Mike and Nicole are getting all set for the new baby. I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment