Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Recap of April

The beginning of April was not too fun. I got my annual cold. I left work early on two days....I never do that. But it was a serious sinus infection that totally wiped me out. Luckily the weekend I was sick was also General Conference weekend. So I didn't have to do anything but lay on the couch and relax. This conference's theme was "Teaching your children and strengthening our families" along with the message that "We either believe the teachings of the church or we don't!" It's pretty simple.

Mom took some time to travel up to Seattle to visit my brother Tony's family and the kiddos. She was gone for three weeks. During that time I discovered and got completely hooked on the Shadowhunters book series by Cassandra Clare....I read nine books in under three weeks...it was totally worth it. Great series.

Sooooo those three weeks are a bet hazy to me. I was kind of engrossed in a different world.

After I finished the books I got my Dad to go hiking Calico Basin with me. I just got some new hiking boots and wanted to try them out. Here are some pictures of our hike:


 
 
The rocks were poka-dotted

 

Then it was my mom's birthday. She came home in time for that and Dad kidnapped her for a fun birthday just the two of them. They saw the Blue Man Group and ate at a fancy restaurant and then spent the night at the Red Rock Casino. That same weekend my cousin Kaytie and her family came for a visit. We took them up to the Calico Basin...it had been raining so we saw a lot of little animals running around.


 
Road runner
 
 Then we had a family party for Mom with a snickerdoodle cake.

 

....and before we knew it it was May!

No comments:

Post a Comment