My first step was to trace the chair seat and since I only had Christmas tissue paper, I got a pretty creative pattern.
This was on Tuesday of last week....the rest of my week got really crazy. So I didn't get a chance to go shopping for materials until Friday night. And with the Memorial Day holiday coming up I got most of my supplies half off.
I went with a really pretty jade green color linen. The color looked great with my dark wood chairs. The next step was to cut out the foam. I'd never cut foam so I wasn't sure how to do it. I tried a knife first then the kitchen scissors. The scissors did the job.
After I got the foam shaped into the patterned I wanted, I laid it on the fabric and cut around it. Getting a top and bottom piece.
And this is where I called in the reinforcements....my mom. She can sew and she thought it was pretty simple.
We sewed the "pillow case" covering and stuffed the foam inside. Leaving a gap in the back to attach the tie strings.
With all six finally finished today, I took them home to see if they worked out.
I am extremely happy with how they came out. One of these days I'm going to learn how to put buttons in them so they have a more quilted look. But for now they turned out perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment