Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Doug's Big 30th

Last week we celebrated my brother's big 30th birthday. Sadly both my parents were out of town on business so I made sure he felt special on his big day. On Tuesday I baked him a cake. Not just any cake but a Ace of Cake's Charm City Cake mix.

A Camouflage Cake!!
 As kids my brothers liked to dress up in camouflage and play war games. So I thought this was a fitting cake for his third decade landmark day.

 It was just an original white cake, then you divided the mix into four bowls and added food coloring. After you pored spoonfuls of the different colors to make a camouflage pattern.

It turned out GREAT
To top it we found the brightest hunter orange frosting

It turned out perfect. And we were ready for Doug's big day the next day. On his birthday, my cousin Holli and Mike came into town for a visit. So Grandma and them joined us for dinner. I had told Doug I'd take him to his favorite restaurant Kabuki's. So we headed out for Japanese Food.


Happy Birthday Boy
Holli and Mike
Grandma and Holli
Me and Doug
Dinner was delicious and we even got Grandma to eat some sushi. It was fun and I'm glad Holli and Mike could come and share Doug's birthday. As we were leaving the restaurant Doug was able to use my phone to Facetime with Tony's family. The little nephews sang to Doug and chatted with him as we drove back to my parents to eat the cake, and open presents.


 
Fun artwork from Max and Ryan
Holli, Mike and Grandpa stayed for cake and to visit for a bit. Then when my parents got back in town, they took Doug out to a local Rita's Frozen Ice, so he could try the yummy cold treat.

Sadly the only photo I got was blurry, but you get the idea.
Looks like he had a good birthday. Happy 30th Doug!!

No comments:

Post a Comment