Sunday, December 8, 2013

Looking like Christmas

The weather has turned cold finally here in Vegas. My heater has come on more now. We were suppose to get snow yesterday but as it turned out we just got cold clear skies. This past week I was able to dig out my small amount of Christmas decor. So now my place feels a little more into the season.













I love my little tree I think I bought it when I moved into my first apartment back in 2004. And look at it now, still standing after about six moves. Maybe someday I will get a bigger tree but for now it seems to work.
Last night was my work's annual Christmas party. I get excited about these because it finally gives me an excuse to buy a pretty dress. And actually have somewhere to wear it.
This year I went with a black one. Here are some pictures.

 

And this year I was able to snap some shots at the actual party. I work in the administrations building so I don't really get the feel of how large our company is until I go to one of these parties. We had about 355 people there last night. And they were celebrating 25 years. So they gave each of us a nice little goblet to toast with (using non-alcoholic apple cider) and take home.
Us accounting people all sat together so I got a picture of all my co-workers.
Timie and her boyfriend Jason


My manager, Devon and her husband Drew
Our CFO and boss Doloras and her husband
These are the three of the best people to work with. I love going to work and seeing their smiling faces each morning. I love my job. During the party they have a raffle for baskets each department puts together and all the money goes to a local charity. Usually we all buy tickets and none of us wins but this year Devon won the one we all wanted.
It was a little Christmas tree full of gift cards and little dollar bills tied up in bows. We called it the money tree. She was so excited to win.
I hope next year will be just as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment