Friday, September 13, 2013

If it's not one thing it's another.....SIGH

I decided to start on a happy note, since most of this post will be me venting a little. 
Meet George:

He has been my constant roommate for the past ten years. I received him from a co-worker as a house warming gift, for my very first apartment, back when I was working at Interstate Distributing Inc. in Tacoma,WA. Back then he could fit in one hand.  I've had to re-pot him twice and almost killed him about four times. But he keeps on growing. I think he might even be growing out of this pot.
As for his name, back at college my roommates would joke around when anyone would ask if we were hiding any men in our apartment, we would respond with, "Just George, he's hiding in the closet." So I figured it would be a fitting name for him. He has survived four moves, the last being a three day road trip here to Vegas. This is one tough plant. I would love it if anyone could tell me what he is.

On to a more unpleasant note....I think there is something wrong with my oven....

Here are the casualties:
Lately all my cookies are coming out raw on top and burnt to a crisp on the bottom. This last time I peeked inside when it was pre-heating and saw that the top heating element wasn't even turning on....sooooo looks like I need to take another trip over to see my apartment managers.
I love my apartment but since I've moved in: my A/C has acted up, my front door wouldn't lock, I was invaded by cockroaches, and my kitchen sink faucet had issues.

AND to end my week, yesterday I was filling my car up with gas, and when I went to re-latch the fuel cap I discovered it wouldn't lock.
The "keeper pin", as my brother called it, was missing.
Note the clean white spot where it should be, but isn't. The silly thing must have snapped off when I popped it open. My brother's solution...duck tape, or a mechanic....we will see what my Saturday will bring. Poor Little Red needs new brakes anyway might as well have it looked at.

SIGH....

No comments:

Post a Comment