Sunday, September 8, 2013

Las Vegas Living

If someone had come up to me a few years ago and told me I'd be living in Las Vegas today. I would have laughed and said they were crazy. I consider myself a nomadic person. I've never really lived in one spot for very long. In my life, I've lived in California, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, Washington and now Nevada. I've loved everywhere I've lived and the wonderful people I have met in each new home. Growing up my family moved a lot because of my father's jobs. So I got used to it.

So how did I end up in the "Sin" City? Where "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". Well once again my parents found themselves relocating because of a job and ended up in Vegas. At the time I was living near Seattle, WA.To make a long story short my family decided to move my grandparents to Vegas as well.
Me wanting to be near them and needing a change a scenery found myself packing up my things and making the three day drive south to help out my parents.

My first view of the valley was of course the Strip. But as we drove closer to where my parents live in the suburb of Summerlin I saw the beautiful mountains of Red Rock Canyon.
I've always lived near mountains and one of my fears moving to Vegas was that it would be flat, but I was happy to see the city surrounded by mountains.

Living in the northwest part of the city, I'm far away from all the crazy stuff that happens downtown. It is actually a nice quiet area. I was able to find a dream job that is just ten minutes from my new apartment. The sun shines most of the year and I have a pool right outside my home. The restaurants a amazing and if I want to catch a good show it's only a short drive away. One thing I've had to get use to is the heat. Summers here get up over 110*. But I've learned to love air conditioning and ice in my drinks.

The people here are very down to earth and only go to the strip when they have visitors in town. We all like the tourists but we like them to stay downtown.

So after living in this city for a year and a half I've learned that all the horrible stuff its know for only goes on downtown. So if you don't spend a lot of time there, this is a really great place to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment