Saturday, October 26, 2013

Out of Town Visitors

This week has been a rough one. I had a bad cold and the cold medicine I was taking gave me migraines, so I wasn't quite my normal self until around Thursday night. Luckily I felt better by the time my cousins, Holly and Sean, and my Uncle Roger came into town for a visit. They came to see my grandma but also stayed with my parents at their old place. This is how I found them when I came over after work on Thursday.

Uncle Roger, Dad and Sean watching Hercules
Grandma, Mom and Holly playing on their laptops
Grandma wanted to take everyone out to dinner so my Dad suggested the buffet at the Suncoast Casino, located just down the road. So we piled into two cars and headed over. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of dinner, I'm not really a big fan of taking them while everyone is eating.

Afterwards, Sean wanted to go bowling so we went upstairs to the casino's huge bowling allies. I was still just getting over my latest migraine and Grandma was a little tired so we joined Doug at the spectators table while everyone else played a round.


 


Mom and Sean were tied almost the whole game but in the end Sean won.

After working again on Friday, I came back over to see how everyone was. We had a nice BBQ dinner with my parents and then decided to head to a casino down south that reportedly had some Mermaids. So after taking Grandma back home we all piled into my parents car and headed to the Silverton Casino, south of the Strip.

After a few observation, we decide the casino leaned more towards the male community. First walking in you saw the Sports court where you can bet on the current football games going on. Then you got to the aquairum which had the mermaids and at the very end was the hugest sporting goods store I have ever seen.

I seem to be hanging out at sporting good stores lately. Here are some fun photos of us wasting time in the huge Bass Pro Sports store.

 

Uncle Roger and Sean having fun
We almost lost Uncle Roger in the gun section....it was huge


 Lots of stuffed animals.
Big Fish
After awhile we made our way back to the aquarium to watch the sting rays get fed. They had some pretty big ones, the diver would place the meat against the glass and the rays would swim up and gulp the meat down. Here are some shots of the feeding frenzy.


 

Then the whole reason we came to this particular casino was so my cousin Sean could see the mermaids. And he wasn't disappointed. The mermaid was very friendly and seemed to really like Sean.



He was ready to get in the tank and join her. Luckily he couldn't figure out how. She really made his day.

After a fun evening we returned home to my parents. Holly, Sean and Uncle Roger are planning on flying home to Oregon today. So I'm off to hang out with them a little more before they head out. It has been fun. We love having visitors in town. It gives us an excuse to go visit all the things there are to do in this crazy town. So come on down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment