Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"Rise and Shout! The Cougars are Out!!"

Here is my new philosophy on sports....I can't stand watching it on TV. Way too boring if you ask me. Can't really understand the fascination of watching it every Monday or Sunday or ...you get the idea. BUT...and this is a big BUT, I love watching it live and in person. Get me out of the house, drive me seven hours to Provo, UT and I will have the time of my life. Yelling at refs, standing up in the stands screaming at our boys when they have the ball and are making a beeline for the end zone. Yeah....I become a different person.

This was one of the things we did this past weekend. We went to the BYU vs Middle Tennessee game at BYU.  It was super cold but with the help of some awesome hot coco and some borrowed blankets it was alright.
Mug our Coco came in...neat!
Driving to the game we passed through Orem and saw this fun sight:
After following a stream of blue flagged cars, we reached the stadium.

Before the game we wandered the tail gate tents in search for food. Dad got to see the voice personalities of BYU sports radio in person for the first time, they had a tent set up and were doing the pre-game show. He was in heaven, as you can tell from his grin.
My brother, Doug is just as excited
We also kidnapped my Cousin Kaytie, it was her first football game
After finding food we made our way up to our nose bleed seats over behind the south end zone.

Great view of the field though

There's the team warming up
I was amazed at how quickly the stadium filled up. The loud music, the cheers of the crowd, made even a tame spectator like me excited for the game to start. I had fun explaining the rules to my cousin and throughout the game she would ask questions. She was pretty happy to be out of the house I think.

Soon the boys came out and the game began.


Middle Tennessee made the first points but it all went down hill for them after that. By half time the score was 10 to 37 BYU. And that is were it stayed. Goooooo COUGARS!!
I lost my voice a little and I think that is the only way you can truly tell if it was a good game. Hope to be invited to another one.....but you won't catch me watching it on TV.

1 comment:

  1. You were lucky to get hot cocoa! They ran out before we got ours.

    ReplyDelete