Thursday, October 3, 2013

Park City and Home Again

So after a wonderful morning with Kaytie and the kiddos, we took off for Park City, UT. My parents are looking in to moving their Time-Share Condo to Park City. So we were invited to stay a night for free to see if we liked it. It was off the main part of town, so it was a bit quite but the place was nice. Even had an indoor pool, though I didn't bring my swim suit.

After checking in we went to find downtown. I had stayed in Park City once before during a good friend's wedding back in 2002, I believe. So as we walked Main Street I was tickled to find the small little old fashion Park City Hotel. Sadly I didn't think to take any pictures of it. But here are a few I did get:

The Ski lift was still running, not sure why
My cute parents...Mom looks tired
There was a lot of cool galleries and novelty shops. But it became clear they catered to some richer clientele. So we just window shopped. By the time we made it back to our car, I was getting a major muscle tension headache from the cold and all the activities we had done. But Doug and my parents still wanted to explore so we drove over to the Olympic Park. I took a nap in the car while they toured the museum there. Here are some pictures I stole from the internet to give you an idea of what the place looks like.

They got to watch a few jumpers jump into the pool. So it was worth the trip. Then we found a grocery store and stocked up on some dinner and breakfast for the next morning.
When we got back to the condo, I ate dinner, downed a few Aleve for my head and jumped into a hot warm tub. About an hour later I wasn't hurting any more and was able to watch a movie with my Mom on my kindle while the boys caught some more football on the TV.

It was a nice relaxing evening. We headed back home in the morning. Stopping only to see my friend Marne in Lindon, UT. She visited me back in April and had found a gift for me, so we stopped in and this is what she found:
For those that know me, I have always named my computers Suzaku, which is Japanese for the name of a Phoenix God. Also my name "Stacey" means "One who rises again". So I have always liked the Phoenix Bird. And now I have one to sit on my desk. Thanks again Marne.

We made good time getting home and even had time to stop in and say hi to my Grandma. My Uncle Randy had also just arrived in Vegas for a short visit, so we all went to my parent's place and had a nice Sunday dinner. It was a perfect end to a great trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment