Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Random Things That Make Me Smile

The other day at work a co-worker brought in the cutest little cakes I have ever seen. They are called Bundt-Teenies, basically a baby bundt cake with a glob of frosting:
I loved them and thought they were so adorable. And it got me thinking of the things that make me smile. Cute tiny sweets are one. So with this entry I wanted to share a few of the things that make me happy.

The thing that makes me smile every morning, and this might be a bit vain but every time I look in the mirror I love looking at my eyes:
I've only met a few other people with my hazel green eyes, my mother being one of them, my cousin's daughter being another. Depending on what I'm wearing depends on what color my eyes turn. Love it.

Another thing that makes me smile, is cute pictures of my nephews and niece.
Baby Max who is now 6 years old
Baby Ryan who is now 4 years old
Baby Jace who is 1 ish
Baby Evie, this is pretty current
Love these little ones. A part of me wishes I still lived close to them. But they are coming to visit for Christmas so that's exciting.

My art keeps me smiling. Whether it be painting or sketching.
I love having a blank piece of paper or canvas in front of me and not really knowing what is going to come out of it. Every time is a bit of a surprise.

Fluffy animals. I used to have a large stuffed animal collection as I have gotten older I have only kept the truly sentimental ones.

My pets:
This is Stryder.....had to leave him with a friend when I moved to Vegas. Miss him tons.
This is Saydi, my parents puppy. Love her. She is always happy to see me.

The Oregon Coast, namely Shorts Sands just south of Cannon Beach, OR. The last time I made it over there was after a really bad break up and it helped me get a bit of my smile back. I have many good memories of this beach.

Another thing that makes me smile, along with contemplating the eternities is looking at the night sky.
  I also love the Vegas valley lit up at night. So pretty.

Old things make me smile. I have a BA in History so anything with a history I love.
Cobble stone streets in Gremany
The ruins of the Heidelberg Castle
Old looking globes
My books and movie collections make me happy, because I am able to escape into another world anytime I want.

Beautiful things found in nature:
My favorite color of roses.
My favorite color of fall leaves.

And to end this list, the things that make me smile the most, and even I'm not sure why, are my swords. And any other cool ancient arms.



I'm not sure if anyone will smile at the things I posted but for me this has cheered me up. I think I might do this again some time. Got to love randomness.

1 comment:

  1. I typed up a comment from my phone, but it didn't post for some reason. I'm hardly at my desk computer except to work, but I wanted to tell you that I LOVED this post. It's great to have a list so long of things that make you smile! Many of the same things make me smile, especially those four cuties. <3

    ReplyDelete