Saturday, January 9, 2016

Christmas 2015

I had to work all the way up until 3:30pm on Christmas Eve this year, but it was still a great day. I got home and went over to my parents. I helped make some sugar cookies and other goodies. The Saturday before we had made tons and tons of goodies from Buck-eyeballs to fudge and brownies...Mom and Dad gave out about 14 plates of goodies to neighbors and friends. We got to keep the leftovers. I planned on spending the night on the couch and so I got to help "Santa's Helper" aka Mom set up some of the Christmas things. Mainly the table setting. I folded the napkins to look like Christmas trees. Here are some pictures of Christmas Eve:

 

Then we all went to bed and actually didn't wake up until around 7:00am...We got to open our stockings first then we got dressed and had our traditional waffle, ice cream and strawberries breakfast.




Most yummy breakfast ever!!
Then while we were waiting for grandma to get up and get ready, Dad read his version of the birth of Jesus Christ out of the Bible. Then after grandma had joined us. We started opening presents.

Dad reading the Birth of Jesus

Grandma opening her stocking

Dan had more fun watching others open gifts than he doing it

 
My loot...not a bad year
I was reminded that I was a grownup when I got excited about new matching silverware
Then we spent the rest of the day enjoying each others company and then we had a nice dinner with ham...and then we ended the day Facetiming with my older brother's family in Seattle.


Great Christmas...loved that I got to spend it with most of my family....Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment