This year I'm hoping to do more arts and crafts. So to start with here are a few things I've worked on these last couple of weeks. One of my co-workers gave we a coupon to the Wood Creations shop here in town. So I went and bought this neat welcome sign for my front room. It turned out pretty good.
 |
| First I stained the wood |
 |
| Next I Mogpogged some paper to the front |
 |
| Then added the "Family and Friends" letters |
 |
| Added some ribbons |
Then I painted some brown around the edges and cut the ribbons a little bit and it was completed:
 |
| And it matches the reds in my front room. |
The second project was with maps....I had seen how someone on the internet had taken some maps of where they had lived and framed them. I took the idea and put my own twist on it. Since I've lived in so many different locations from California to Oregon to Washington and Idaho, Hawaii, Utah and finally Nevada...it was pretty fun.
I bought a cheep road map book of the USA and cut out the maps I needed. Then I crumpled them up and tore the edges. I tried antiquing them but since they were color it didn't work quite like I thought...Then I cut out some pictures out of an old calander and did the same with them. I took three flat canvas and painted them black. Then I laid my cutouts on top and mogpogged them to the canvas.
Then after they dried I bought matching frames and got them framed and hung up in my front room. They turned out way better then I thought. And it is a fun memento to everywhere I've lived.
 |
| Sacramento, Martinez, Concord, CA and Hillsboro, Oregon City, Mulino, OR |
 |
| Rexburg, ID; Laie, HI; Tacoma, Lakewood, WA |
 |
| Orem, Lehi, American Fork, Beaver, UT and Las Vegas, NV |
 |
| All hung in a row |
Here is to a whole year full of more fun and amazing arts and crafts.
No comments:
Post a Comment