Saturday, January 16, 2016

R5 Concert New Years Day

Around about April of last year I discovered a band called R5. Its a group made up of 4 siblings (Riker, Rydel, Rocky and Ross Lynch) and a friend (Ellington Ratliff). The youngest and lead singer (Ross) was an actor on the Disney Channel show Austin & Ally (which is a really cute show by the way.) This last spring they just put out their second album and started touring all over.

I bought their album in August
In October they announced that they would be putting on three shows in Vegas during New Years. I was pretty excited and curious about going. I talked my sister-in-law, Nicole, into coming with me so I got two tickets for their last show on January 1st. They were playing at the Venetian Casino down on the Strip.

Nicole and I headed out around 6pm, we stopped at Jimmy Johns for dinner and made it down to the casino just in time for the show.

 

The theater was very gothic in design...it felt like we should be watching Phantom of the Opera or something...not a rock band. We were seated pretty far back but it was still fun. We got a kick out of watching the very young fans that surrounded us. The average age of R5's fans are about 14 years old. Mostly because of they were fans of Ross, having seen him on Disney.

They had their very youngest brother (Ryland) open for them. He's a DJ. And he was great at getting the audience excited for the show. R5 puts on a great show. They got on stage about 9pm and after their encore, it finally ended at 11pm...but it really felt like they hadn't been on long enough. Their music is pretty good and I would go and see them again in a heart beat. I'm so glad I was able to go.

My new favorite band. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment